Private Duty Nursing: Elder Care Services For Those With Medical Needs in Port Huron, MI
We have a special elder care services team certified to perform medical-based tasks through private duty nursing
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide delivering elder care services just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers of Port Huron, MI can help. Our specially trained private duty nursing team provide the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us
How Comfort Keepers Elder Care Services Can Help
Our skilled private duty nursing team consists of home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) that can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support. If you are interested in private duty nursing for a loved one or would like to learn more about our other elder care services contact us at (810) 207-3453.
Comfort Keepers of Port Huron, MI proudly provides services to seniors in the following communities:
Thank you for your interested in Comfort Keepers of Port Huron, MI!
A member of our staff has received your inquiry and will be in contact with you.